- Project name: 0x Protocol
- Ticker symbol: ZRX
- ICO date: August 2017
- Market cap*: $617 million
- Circulating supply*: 536,613,971 ZRX
- Total supply: 1,000,000,000 ZRX
* As of July 23, 2018. Source: Coinmarketcap
0x is a protocol that enables secure, trustless, feeless, and fast transactions of ERC20 tokens between users by utilizing Ethereum smart contracts. 0x combines the strengths and avoids the weaknesses of both centralized and decentralized exchanges by having off-chain order relay with on-chain settlement. (To learn more about 0x, read our ICO review or watch our video review)
The project was founded in October 2016 and an alpha version of the protocol was released on their private test network in early 2017. The launch of the ZRX token sale was conducted on August 15, 2017.
Since then, the 0x team has been making a lot of progress with notable milestones such as the release of the 0x Standard Relayer API, 0x Wiki, 0x Portal and 0x Connect, as well as the much-anticipated launch of 0x protocol version 2 on the Kovan network at the end of June 2018.
As of May 15, 2018, 0x project had over 10 relayers, achieved over $183 million in aggregate volume, over 100,000 trades, and $4 million in daily volume, and have traded over 300 unique ERC20 tokens.
There are now over 30 projects that will be or are using the 0x protocol, including dApps such as Aragon, Augur, District0x, Maker, MelonPort, and Request Network, and relayers such as Amadeus, Ethfinex, OpenRelay, Paradex, and Radar Relay.
- August 16, 2017: Token sale concludes; 0x OTC (rebranded to 0x Portal) live on mainnet.
- September 22, 2017: 0x smart contracts deployed to the Ropsten test network.
- September 26, 2017: Kin Alpha becomes the first relayer live on the mainnet.
- October 26, 2017: First version of the 0x standard relayer API released.
- February 7, 2018: Aragon Labs, which consists of participants such as 0x, Decentraland, district0x, Ethfinex and Status, is launched to enable decentralized governance R&D.
- February 15, 2018: Launch of the 0x.js Developer Sandbox which allows developers to edit their code and see changes in a live preview in a browser interface. The sandbox also communicates with Metamask and the Kovan network.
- June 28, 2018: 0x protocol version 2 is live on the Kovan network.
- July 13, 2018: Coinbase is exploring adding multiple coins, including ZRX, on its platform.
- July 17, 2018: New version of the 0x Portal is released.
The 0x team provides development updates every month, which goes into more detail on the above milestones, as well as other updates including new team additions, relayers, etc.
- September 2017: Changes to 0x.js, release of the 0x Standard Relayer API draft, 0x Wiki, 0x Portal, etc.
- October 2017: Changes to 0x.js, 0x Standard Relayer API v0, smart contract documentation, website redesign, preparing for 0x protocol v2, etc.
- November 2017: Changes to 0x.js, Standard Relayer API and 0x Connect, ERC721 support, etc.
- December 2017: ABI to Typescript Generator, ledger support, WETH migration, 0x protocol v2 proposals.
- January 2018: Ledger support in 0x Portal, Order Watcher for real-time order book updates, 0x Forum, etc.
- February 2018: Docs makeover, website localization, 0x protocol v2 dev begins, support for NFTs, etc.
- March 2018: Governance roadmap, version 2 progress, 0x Trade Widget announcement, new team members, etc.
- April 2018: 100,000 trades completed, 0x dev call, version 2 progress, new launches, new team members, etc.
- May 2018: 9,000+ monthly active users, 0x dev call, version 2 progress, new launches, new team members, etc.
- June 2018: 0x dev call, version 2 deployed to Kovan, new team members, etc.
Download the Free Checklist for Crushing ICOs!
This is the guide that help me find the most promising ICOs!
0x Project official resources
- Website: https://www.0xproject.com
- Whitepaper: https://www.0xproject.com/pdfs/0x_white_paper.pdf
- Wiki: https://0xproject.com/wiki
- Technical documentation: https://www.0xproject.com/docs
- GitHub: https://github.com/0xProject
- Blog: https://blog.0xproject.com/latest
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/0xproject
- Reddit: https://reddit.com/r/0xproject
- Forum: https://forum.0xproject.com
- 0x Tracker: https://0xtracker.com/
Crush Crypto resources
- ICO Review: https://crushcrypto.com/analysis-of-0x
- Crusher of the Month (October 2017): https://crushcrypto.com/0x-protocol-crusher-oct-17