- Project name: Cindicator
- Token symbol: CND
- Website: https://cindicator.com/
- Whitepaper: https://cindicator.com/Cindicator_WhitePaper_en.pdf
- Hard cap: US$15 million (ICO contributors own 75% of total token supply if hard cap is reached)
- Soft Cap: No soft cap
- Conversion rate: 1 CND = US$0.01
- Maximum market cap at ICO on a fully diluted basis: US$20 million if hard cap is reached
- Bonus structure: None
- Pre-sale / white list available: You can apply for white list on Cindicator's website
- ERC20 token: Yes
- Timeline: There will be no crowdsale, all tokens will be distributed in a tiered white list stages. Please refer to Cindicator’s website or this blog post for the most up-to-date information
- Token distribution date: Immediately after contribution but will be locked until October 12, 2017
Watch our video summary (video is 8:00 long)
What does the company/project do?
Founded in 2015, Cindicator aims to improve decision making abilities in investing by using wisdom of the crowd.
The platform, now on mobile app, asks users questions about the financial / cryptocurrency market. In the app, a question that I am asked is whether Cindicator will reach its hard cap of $15 million for its ICO. Users who can accurately predict the outcome of those questions consistently will receive compensation in the form of CND tokens.
Cindicator aims to develop an infrastructure to provide the following benefits to the financial and cryptocurrency market:
- A technological and analytical infrastructure for the efficient and safe management of investors' capital by investors themselves or licensed managers.
- An opportunity for analysts to monetize their intellectual assets without risking their own funds.
- Tools and data for making investment decisions under the conditions of market uncertainty.
- Up-to-date analytics of the industry, expectations, opportunities, and market growth points.
- Indices and ratings of crypto-assets.
Below is a introduction video of Cindicator (video is 1:21 long):
How advanced is the project?
Currently, there are over 8,000 users making forecasts on the Cindicator platform. The mobile app is available on both iOS and Android. The screenshot of the app is shown below:
Here are some of the past achievements of the Cindicator team:
- November 2014 – the idea of collective intelligence was conceived.
- December 2015 – first iOS-based version of the platform released.
- January 2016 – the team joined the Starta Accelerator due to its location in New York. Cindicator raised $300,000 following the completion of the acceleration program.
- August 2016 – Start of forward-testing and trading.
- November 2016 – Membership at Microsoft BizSpark with $120,000 grant.
- January 2017 – API for trading signals was launched, enabling the launch of test integrations with 11 hedge funds and three banks.
- April to May 2017 – Received $200,000 of funding from a number of fin-tech investors in a seed venture round.
Below are some of the milestones that Cindicator aims to achieve in the future:
- November 2017 – Trading indicators, indexes, analytical products, ICO ratings, Web-version release of the collective intelligence platform.
- Q1 2018 – 1st dynamic reward for forecasters by buyback of CND tokens, trading robots.
- 2019 – Tech infrastructure for investment funds, crypto ETF, secure infrastructure.
What are the tokens used for and how can token holders make money?
CND tokens are used to incentivize forecasters to provide accurate forecasts as the more accurate they are, the more CNDs they will earn.
After receiving the relevant licenses, Cindicator will allocate 20% of the crowdsale funding to a portfolio that is managed by Cindicator’s hybrid intelligence. Potential profit from this portfolio will be used to buy back CND tokens from exchanges and distribute such tokens to the forecasters, in proportion to their rating, accuracy, and participation over a given period.
There are two uses of CND – to obtain intelligence that are accessible from holding CND or from spending CND.
Each CND token holder can obtain a new level of access to Cindicator's indicators, indices, data, services, information, and analytical products. Examples of the access include the following:
- Indicators of traditional markets and crypto-markets.
- Auxiliary service products for trading (Telegram and Slack bots, notifiers, and portfolio monitoring products).
- Analytical products (ICO ratings, market condition analysis, ICO due diligence, and investor portfolio analysis).
- Market indices and sentiments generated by Hybrid Intelligence.
The level of access and the products and tools available will depend on the quantity of tokens in each holder's possession, which will in turn be influenced by the level of active participation in the ecosystem.
Additional intelligence can only be purchased using CND:
- Daily/weekly/monthly distribution of indicators via messenger/email.
- SaaS (Software as a Service) – a website with an access to indicators and analytics of Hybrid Intelligence for various events.
- Mobile application.
- API access.
As services will be provided to CND holders or for purchase via CND, the more valuable Cindicator intelligence is, the more valuable CND tokens should be.
Cindicator has a team of 11, all of whom have relevant experience in their respective field.
Below are the bio of the core team members:
Mike Brusov, CEO – Serial entrepreneur. Previous co-founder of Wobot and Head of Mobile Programmatic Products of Between Digital.
Yuri Lobyntsev, CTO – Serial Entrepreneur. Previously CEO of Octabrain and Oumobile.
Artem Baranov, COO – Previously COO of Octabrain and Crimson Jackets.
Cindicator has a strong lineup of advisors, including Charlie Shrem, founding members of Bitcoin Foundation and Director of Business and Community Development of Jaxx, Anthony Diiorio, CEO & Founder of Jaxx, Marcus Killick, Chairman of Gibraltar Stock Exchange, and Alexander Ivanov, founder of Waves Platform.
- The hard cap of US$15 million is relatively low for a solid project, allowing limited downside.
- Multiple institutional investors have already invested in Cindicator, meaning that the company has already passed due diligence of those investors.
- The project is two years in the making and has a mobile app released with over 10,000 users. Cindicator also announced that two funds decided to contribute to the crowdsale in addition to being clients of Cindicator.
- Emotions and speculation currently drives a large part of the cryptocurrency market. With Cindicator’s platform, investors can easily understand what the crowd thinks in real time and act accordingly based upon the information.
- The token system makes sense because it provides an incentive for forecasters to actively participate and provide accurate predictions.
- Cindicator is targeting both the traditional financial market and crypto market. Since the two markets are quite different in terms of infrastructure (data sources, news flow, etc), Cindicator may have trouble focusing on the two markets at the same time.
- There are a number of competitors in the artificial intelligence and finance space – Numerai, Enigma, and other crypto data providers such as Santiment and Coindash.
- All of those projects have a market cap in the $25 to $50 million range. It may be difficult for Cindicator to trade at a market cap significantly higher than that of competitors.
Overall, I like this ICO, both for short-term as well as its long-term potential. Our thoughts of the tokens for short term and long term are as follows:
For short-term holding
Good. The project is solid with the team, advisers, investors, press coverage, fundraising limit, and awareness in the crypto community all being above average.
For long-term holding
Good. The financial data industry is large and the crypto subset is just getting started. With a working platform that has good reception and usage, I believe Cindicator has a good chance to succeed.
For more information about the ICO, please visit the following links:
Bitcointalk Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2062875
Below is a comparison of Cindicator and Numerai (source: Storifier).