- Project Name: CoinDash
- Token ticker: CDT
- Website: https://www.coindash.io/
- Whitepaper: https://www.coindash.io/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Coindash-v0.5.pdf
- Hard cap: US$12 million (ICO contributors own 50% of total token supply if hard cap is reached)
- Soft Cap: No soft cap
- Conversion rate: Each CDT is worth $0.024 if hard cap is reached (1 billion tokens in total circulation)
- Maximum market cap at ICO: US$24 million
- Bonus structure: First day bonus - 30%, First week bonus - 20%, Second week bonus - 10%
- ERC20 token: Yes
- Timeline: July 17, 2017 at 13:00 GMT for 28 days (please refer to CoinDash’s website for most up-to-date information)
- Token distribution date: Immediately after contributing
What does the project do?
Currently, investing in cryptocurrency is complicated and not user friendly, especially for those who are new. The complexity of investing in blockchain technology is one of the biggest bottleneck in mainstream adoption.
CoinDash’s goal is to lower the barriers of entry to crypto investment by providing tools and services that make interacting, handling and trading crypto assets accessible to everyone. CoinDash will offer its products through a unified platform designed with the mainstream user in mind. Basically, CoinDash aims to be the eToro of crypto investing.
CoinDash’s DApp includes 3 components:
- Intelligent tools, like interactive portfolios, are essential to managing crypto assets. CoinDash’s analytics give users insight into the performance of their investments and help them make data driven decisions.
- CoinDash will be a one-stop resource for the information a crypto investor needs to track the performance of all crypto-assets, make informed decisions, and act on market trends.
- Social interactions are a key part of the crypto world. Projects rise and fall by their community and the network they create. CoinDash’s social trading features remove barriers for new and existing crypto users by letting them follow and copy-trade top investors.
- CoinDash’s marketplace is built around opportunity discovery and streamlined trading UX with features like real-time social trading signals, an ICO dashboard, trending assets, real-time market price tables and 3rd party integration.
How advanced is the project?
CoinDash started out as one of the projects in the international ether.camp hackathon. The project won first place out of over 70 projects that competed.
CoinDash has already released the beta in June 2017. Here is a demo of CoinDash beta (video is 4:09 long):
Below is the roadmap of the project.
- ICO portfolio management (performance/risk measuring & benchmarking, historical portfolio view).
- Top investors discovery (compare between investors, discover top ICO investors and their performance).
- Copy-ICO (automatically copy top investors’ ICO investments).
- Portfolio management (diversification indicator, support blockchains other than Ethereum).
- ICO automation tools (ICO sentiment, automate ICO investments).
- Copy-trade (discover top investors, copy-trade their investments automatically).
- Portfolio management (export of trading history for tax purposes, Melonport and ICONOMI integration and tracking).
- Signal trading.
- Trending currencies dashboard.
- Fiat to crypto purchase.
- Marketplace (ICO dashboard, trending assets, 3rd party investment instruments).
What are the tokens used for and how can token holders make money?
CDT will be used to pay all the fees on the platform. This creates a direct correlation between the success of the platform and the value of the token.
The more people who use the platform, the more fees will be paid, the more tokens will be bought – ultimately pushing the price of the token up.
Some of the use cases for CDT are as follows:
- With CoinDash's social network tools, experienced investors can monetize their knowledge and expertise by sharing their portfolio performance with other users. They can earn fees and gain influence by accumulating followers on the network.
- The user pays a recurring subscription to get real-time trading signals from a particular investor.
CoinDash has a team of 9. The majority of the team have relevant experience in the blockchain and crypto investment space.
Alon Muroch, CEO – experienced entrepreneur and with over 4 years of experience as blockchain developer. Contributed code to many open-source crypto projects and developed his own P2P multi-sig bitcoin wallet (bitcoin authenticator).
Adam Efrima, Co-founder and COO – Over 8 years living in China working in the financial industry and Fintech space. In the past 2 years, he was in charge of setting up Shanghai operations for eToro.
- Crypto investing is the Wild West right now. There is a large demand for assisting and simplifying crypto investing. CoinDash’s services can be useful for both new and veteran investors.
- CoinDash has a strong team and advisors, which is good for reaching the fundraising hard cap quickly – an important ingredient for short-term success.
- The project is relatively advanced comparing to most of the other ICO projects. There is already a functioning beta in place.
- There is a clear development roadmap up to 2019.
- The fundraising size of US$12 million is reasonable, which allows substantial potential upside for token value.
- There is a large following for this project – their Slack community has more than 3,000 members which is very large for an ICO project.
- There are a number of projects in the crypto asset management space, including Melonport, ICONOMI, and Santiment. Each of the projects are different and CoinDash is actually going to integrate with Melonport and ICONOMI. However, there is still some overlap between them and users may use other platforms instead of CoinDash.
- The success of this project hinges on the future of cryptocurrency investing as a whole. If cryptocurrency is just a fad in the end, there will not be much demand for CoinDash.
Overall, I like this ICO for both its short- and long-term potential. The caliber of the team, state of the project, and ICO structure are all above average.
Our thoughts of the tokens for short term and long term are as follows:
For short-term holding
Good because 1) the ICO market cap is relatively small, 2) the team is strong, 3) functioning beta already in place, and 4) there is a large following for the project.
For long-term holding
Also good because there is a large demand for CoinDash’s services – basically everyone who are either interested in or have already been investing in cryptocurrency. If CoinDash is able to become the eToro of crypto investing, value of CDT is going to appreciate substantially.
BitcoinTalk thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1831969.0;all
CoinDash blog: https://www.coindash.io/blog/