- Project name: TraDove
- Token symbol: BBCoin
- Website: https://bbcoin.tradove.com/
- White paper: https://bbcoin.tradove.com/doc/TraDove%20Global%20B2B%20Token%20Offering%20White%20Paper.pdf
- Hard cap: $52M ($36M presale, $16M public sale) for 50% of total tokens
- Conversion rate: 1 BBCoin = $0.16
- Maximum market cap at ICO on a fully diluted basis: $104 million
- Bonus structure: 3 Rounds (30%, 20%, 10%), January 1st – January 10th: 30%, January 11th – January 20th: 20%, January 20th – January 30th: 10%. Additional 30% bonus for contributions above $48,000.
- Presale or white list: KYC required to participate. Register here: https://bbcoin.tradove.com/reg
- ERC-20 Token: Yes
- Countries excluded: USA (accredited investors allowed)
- Timeline: Presale ongoing and ends January 31, 2018 / Crowdsale begins February 1, 2018, and ends on February 15, 2018 (please refer to TraDove’s website for the most up-to-date information)
- Token distribution date: February 15, 2018
Video summary (video is 6:04 long):
What does the company/project do?
TraDove is a platform for businesses to be able to communicate and transact with each other, similar to how LinkedIn is a professional network and Facebook is a social network.
TraDove will allow corporate buyers and sellers of goods and services on its platform to discover each other more easily, along with the added trust that a user on the TraDove network will have to verify their position as a representative for their business.
By launching BBCoin, Tradove hopes to be able to:
- Empower Buyer & Seller Interactions: Corporate sellers are able to use BBCoins in exchange for AI powered recommendations to corporate buyers. Corporate sellers are then able to pay buyers BBCoin in order to pitch them their product.
- Empower B2B Precision Advertising: Any company on TraDove is able to create advertisements to target specific business users or searches. Corporate buyers that interact with the advertisement receive BBCoins for their attention.
- Use Blockchain to Facilitate International Trade: TraDove eventually envisions BBCoin existing as a medium of exchange in international commerce with less of the friction and fees that current affect international trade.
How advanced is the project?
TraDove is a network for businesses with verified users and direct opportunities for corporate buyers and sellers on the platform to be able to connect and communicate. According to Crunchbase (https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/tradove-inc), TraDove has been in operation since 2012 and has 11-50 employees.
Here is a summary of their roadmap:
Q1 - 2 2018
- Improve current IOS App
- Complete Android App
2018 - 2019
- Reach critical mass (1-3 million users) in major industries
Q2 - 3 2019
- Get sales personnel to use BBCoin for on-platform pitches and other activities
- Get companies to use BBCoin to pay for advertising on TraDove
Q3 - 4 2020
- BBCoin is used as a medium of exchange internationally
What are the tokens used for and how can token value appreciate?
Corporate buyers have access to TraDove’s services for free. Corporate sellers will have access to basic functions for free, but will have to use BBCoin in order to pay for premium options and advertisements on the platform.
Corporate sellers will pay potential buyers with BBCoin in order to pitch their product/service directly to them. They can also pay TraDove in BBCoins for a prioritized advertisement (similar to a sponsored ad on Yelp) except that buyers also receive BBCoins for paying attention to these advertisements.
BBCoin’s value will appreciate as its platform offers more and more value to its users. As TraDove grows its user base, they also hope to allow the use of BBCoins as an international trade payment method.
The core TraDove team consists of 8 members. The bios of key team members are listed below:
Kent J. Yan, Founder & CEO – M.S. in Electrical Engineering and MBA from MIT, founded an international trade company called Braincess before TraDove.
Jian Zheng, Product Development – Tencent, ex-Microsoft, Yahoo, Alibaba, M.S. in Computer Science from NYU.
Matt Ciantar, Sales, Marketing and Biz Dev – ex-SVP U.S. Sales for Brinks, over 20 years of experience in sales.
TraDove’s advisors/investors include: Richard Rosenberg, Former Chairman and CEO of Bank of America, Phil Duff, Former CFO of Morgan Stanley, Gerhard Schulmeyer, Former CEO of Siemens, Gordon Kaufman, Professor Emeritus at MIT Sloan School of Management, Gary Cowger, former Group VP of General Motors, and more.
- TraDove is an established business with over 250,000 users from over 200 Fortune 1000 companies. Very few ICO projects have this kind of user base.
- TraDove’s advisors include Mike Honda, former US congressman, and Richard Rosenberg, former Chairman and CEO of Bank of America. Both made a video for the project, which we believe puts an end to the FUD that alleges the project is a scam.
- For some reason there are chatter that the project is a scam. The FUD, while not true, has dampened the sentiment for this project. In the Telegram channel, people are discussing refunds for their contribution, which almost never happens.
- The target users of BBCoin are corporate buyers/seller, and they are mostly not cryptocurrency users. Therefore, the use of cryptocurrency would become a barrier of adoption for those target users which would hinder the adoption of the project.
- As the project’s value depend heavily on the network effect from having a large amount of buyers and sellers, we are not sure if using a token is going to help the business.
Overall, we are neutral about both the short- and long-term potential for this ICO. Our thoughts of the tokens for short term and long term are as follows:
For short-term holding
Neutral. Presale has been ongoing since November 2017, during a very strong market for altcoins, but has only raised a small portion so far. With the recent volatility we are experiencing, we believe it would be difficult for the project to successfully raise $52 million and have unmet demand after the ICO.
For long-term holding
Neutral. We believe that the introduction of BBCoin into the business model would hinder the growth of the project. Therefore, we are uncertain how likely the project will succeed.
For more information about the ICO, please visit the following links:
* The information contained in this article is for education purpose only and not financial advice. Do your own research before making any investment decisions.
This article is contributed by Victor Lai with the help of our intern Richard Wang.