- Project name: Zeepin
- Token symbol: ZPT
- Website: https://www.zeepin.io
- White paper: https://www.zeepin.io/whitepaper.pdf
- Hard cap: USD42 million if NEO is below $100 or 420,000 NEO if NEO is over $100, and ICO contributors own 50% of total supply
- Conversion rate: $0.125 = 1 ZPT
- Maximum market cap at ICO on a fully diluted basis: $107 million assuming current NEO price of $127
- Bonus structure: 30% bonus in presale, then 20%, 15%, 10%, 5%, every 2 days, then no bonus in last 2 days of sale
- Presale or white list: Both, KYC application deadline at 01:00 pm UTC time on January 16, 2018 at https://www.zeepin.io/kyc/
- Blockchain platform: NEP-5 token on NEO
- Countries excluded: China, United States
- Timeline: January 18 1:00pm UTC until January 29, 2018 0:59pm UTC (please refer to Zeepin’s website for the most up-to-date information)
- Token distribution date: 10 days after ICO concludes
Video summary (video is 6:26 long):
What does the company/project do?
Zeepin is aiming to be a disruptive creative platform and economy. They are planning on taking the creative process that has existed, and decentralizing it, which would provide the opportunity for creators to operate in a trustless system.
Use cases are payments and copyrighting (through time-logging of ideas/data on the blockchain), as well as providing crowdfunding and networking. The team is planning to release several features and dApps to facilitate their vision, including the following:
ZeeCrew - A fast, low cost, trustless, distributed way to quickly find team members with the skills necessary to make a project become a reality.
ZeeRights - A blockchain based copyright solution, providing immutable proof that a copyright belongs to the one holding the signature.
ZeeProof - Going hand in hand with the service above, ZeeProof undeniably shows the existence of the copyright, without disclosing copyright contents, greatly reducing change of intellectual property violations from third parties.
ZeeSure Asset Insurance - A “One Stop Shop” for insurance for digital assets, as well as legal consultation.
ZeeCreate - A creative services matchmaking program, so that people looking for design ideas or services can access such quickly, and without a middleman, making the interaction essentially entirely P2P.
ZeeTalent - A digital identity on the Zeepin platform, which is to match real-world KYC requirements.
ZeeFund Crowdfunding - The Zeepin foundation (or a 3rd party auditor) will verify a project request for Crowdfunding, and, if approved, will be opened to the community (to pay in ZPT) to fund the project.
Below is an introduction video for Zeepin (video is 1:13 long):
How advanced is the project?
The platform has not yet been released, though development is thoroughly underway for the core platform, along with several dApps.
Given that the CEO and CSO of Zeepin are also the CEO and CSO of Arting365, they will have direct access to their user base, which is around 1.2 million creative platform users. The following in the team’s roadmap for platform and dApp releases:
Q1/2 2018 - Zeepin Chain, ZeeWallet (for holding ZPT on the platform), and Zeerights.
Q3/4 2018 - ZeeCreate, and ZeeSure.
Q1/2 2019 - ZeeCrew, and ZeeFund.
Q3/4 2019 - ZeeTalent, and Zee Proof.
All mentioned in the 2018 timeline, the team claims are undergoing internal testing, and are largely developed. For all mentioned in 2019, the team says they are under planning for development.
What are the tokens used for and how can token value appreciate?
ZPT tokens will be used in 3 main ways on the platform.
Firstly, it will be how creators are paid for their work, or receive bounty if a team offers such. Whether it is your proportional profit being part of a team, or a one off service, you will be credited with ZPT tokens, or credit someone else for their service.
Secondly, users can use ZPT tokens for accessing some dApp services on the network.
Finally, it will also be used for investing in crowdsourced projects, which can yield a return based on a given team’s defined terms for investment.
The value of ZPT tokens should, therefore, grow based on how many users of Zeepin there are. As more dApps are released, and projects are running, there will be more opportunity for ZPT use, and thus demand should go up.
The team is modestly sized at 7 members. Here is the bio of the core members;
Zhu Fei, CEO – CEO of Arting365 Inc., an existing platform for creative individuals to showcase and network for the past 15 years, CEO of Zeepin Cultural and creating Co. for the past 5 years, and has been the director of Shanghai Top Young Creative Talents Association, Intelligent Manufacturing Part Creative Industry Promotion Center, and Industrial Design Association, with 3 years’ experience total split between the three.
Shenbi Xu, CSO – Former CSO of Arting365 Inc., previous experience rendering strategic services to Apple, Microsoft, and Samsung, and experience as Asia-Pacific Head of GE innovation.*
Glovia Gu, COO – Graduated from China Academy of Art, majoring in digital media. Operated 50+ events for brands like Coca-Cola, Adobe, Lenovo, and HP.*
Jason Xu, Senior Developer – Has over 10 years’ experience in technology development, a background in encryption and distributed app development, and will be designing the main architecture of the Zeepin Environment.
*noted individuals either did not have, or had under-developed LinkedIn profiles, thus information was taken directly from the team page.
As far as noted advisors go, they have only referenced their legal counsel, Clarence Guo, who graduated from the National University of Singapore in Law, and has 7 years’ law experience, with the most recent being as director of Tzedek Law LLC.
- The project is led by a strong team with demonstrated success in relevant creative field.
- The use of blockchain and smart contract makes sense in order to send cross-border payments efficiently as well as mimic the escrow function.
- By providing a one-stop-shop, a design can go from just an idea to mass production, all done within the platform. This can help creative entrepreneurs, who are often not business savvy, to launch a business successfully.
- The project does not have a finished MVP/proof-of-concept, so it is essentially a white paper project.
- The scope of the project is very ambitious that include finding suppliers, customers, employees, filing copyright, obtaining crowdfunding, and insurance. Generally, the more ambitious a project is, the more likely it is to fail because there are so many moving parts.
- It is unclear what the go to market strategy for the project is. The team has experience in China so it should be the obvious choice for the first target market, but there is no details in the white paper.
Overall, we like the short-term potential for this ICO but are neutral about its long-term potential. Our thoughts of the tokens for short term and long term are as follows:
For short-term holding
Good. NEO projects have performed really well recently. Therefore, even though the ICO is a white paper project and hard cap is at $53 million (at NEO price of $127), we believe it should still have good short-term potential.
For long-term holding
Neutral. It looks like the project targets the creative industry globally, but the team only has experience in China. The project is also at very early stage, so there is not enough information for us to evaluate whether the product will be successful.
For more information about the ICO, please visit the following links:
* The information contained in this article is for education purpose only and not financial advice. Do your own research before making any investment decisions.
This article is contributed by Victor Lai with the help of our intern John Coburn.